Attack of the Killer Wasp

Let me set the scene for you - I sit eating my sandwich one cloudly day, just minding my own business and, let me note, not bothering any member of the wasp family. Suddenly a scream rips through my peaceful existence and my friend stares in horror at the beast sitting on my head. What ensues, I do not wish to impart on my dear readers, but let it be known that horrors witnessed that day will haunt me for the rest of my life. The aftermath paints enough of a picture - myself, gripping a wall for support and struggling for breath, my saviour, screaming in the corner and two innocent bystanders on the other side of the path, attempting to comprehend what has just happened. No, this isn't some old 80's horror flick, this is real life. This is a wasp.

It might seem like I'm overreacting to the unintiated, but to those among you who have experienced such an attack, only you can truly understand.

So, where does my insane fear come from? I see myself as a pretty level-headed person, but I end up screaming and running around like a headless chook at even the thought of wasps, bees, cockroaches or basically insects in generally. But, if I think about it, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I mean, humans are scientifically acknowledged as the most dangerous predators on Earth and a wasp doesn't even make the top ten. So what am I really scared of? Is it the sting the wasp can give me? Sure, it stings a bit, but not that much and I can inflict a lot more damage on it - just by stinging me it's now dead. Maybe I'm afraid of fear itself? Hold on now, I think I'm getting a little too big for my boots (leather, mid-calf, to die for) here. I guess my point is that sometimes we can be scared of the stupidest things, and if you just step back and look at it, it ain't that bad after all - but there are times where fear is really good and really necessary. Each year more people die from bee stings than all other venomous animals combined, and you're more likely to be killed by a cow than a shark. So maybe I'm not crazy after all.

xx Miss Moi

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 jumbles of words:

JayJay said...

'.... and my friend Jess clutching the wall for support aswell, only she was doubling over with laughter at my reaction, i'm sure she didnt mean it horribly, my reactiom might have been funny to her..'
you left that out lol im sorry your reaction to a bug was extremly funny