Hand dryer = :(

I have decided to write about the one thing no writer should ever write about... the toilet. However, I think it's an important issue that needs addressing, and any problems with fart jokes, toilet humour, etcetera etcetera, can be put aside for the time being.

I hate hand dryers.

Yes, I said it, I took the plunge that nobody is brave enough to take. I hate them so very very very much. Every time I see one it makes me cringe. Just thinking about them makes me cringe. *cringe*. They are possibly the stupidest things in the history of all things. I mean, come on, we've advanced in technology, science, and lots of other smart stuff, but we continue to have HAND DRYERS stationed in toilets.

Yes, this may be an overreaction. You may be sitting there thinking, 'What is she bashing hand dryers for? What have they done to her?' Well. I will now tell you why I hate them.

1. They never actually dry your hands properly.

Seriously. Blowing air onto something wet doesn't actually dry them very well. Then you end of with partially wet hands, and you shake someone's hand and they go 'ew, you've just come out of the toilet and your hands are wet, that's gross', and it basically totally sucks.

2. You have to stand there awkwardly while other people wait for your hands to dry.

Because of course, you want to avoid the above situation, so you stand there determined to get your hands dry, and people starting queuing behind you and getting pissed off. And then there is a queue of people all staring at your hands, like their combined looking energy will help dry them. So then you end up just leaving and they look at you like, "God, I dry my hands half as long as that are they're actually dry."

3. We have paper towels for god's sake!

I mean seriously, everybody prefers paper towels to hand dryers. You find me one person who doesn't. It is simply laziness to not but them in. It may be worse for the environment, but sanity of the community v. some extra paper towels. You do the math.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm starting to get worried now. Am I the only one who hates hand dryers with a vengeance? Is that how you spell that word? Maybe I am using them wrong. Maybe there's a certain angle you're meant to position your hands that dries them properly. Oh god. I don't know how to use a hand dryer. How am I ever going to pass year 12?

xx Miss Moi

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

5 jumbles of words:

Chrissie said...

Oh dear me. I dislike hand dryers too now that I think about it. I had never actually thought about it. I will stand at one to dry my hands, but I am never actually patient enough to dry them properly so instead i dry them on my pants. This means I walk out of the toilet with two wet hand shaped patches on my thighs. Great huh?
And anyway, hand dryers use electricity which we are also running out of. So. Trees? or Electricity? Does it make a difference which one we use? Perhaps we should all just be unhygenic and dry our hands on our pants like we all end up doing anyway.
Oh yes, and in the two toilets at my school, one of the hand dryers has been cut at the cord, so it is completely useless, and the other hand dryer blows out freezing cold hair. As I recall, this is the way it has been for over a year.
Oh dear, now I am getting off topic and had better stop before I start ranting about my school.

Wow, super long comment. Sorry =P

Chrissie said...

Whoops, typo.
*air* rather than "hair". Lets be thankful hand dryers don't blow out hair.

Cat said...

I don't mind normal hand dryers. But my school has got a new hand dryer in one of the girls bathrooms. You have to put your hands INTO it. It's so so scary.
Cat xx

Tia in the Sky said...

Finally! Someone else who hates hand dryers!
Whenever I'm in public washrooms with my mom, she has to tell me "how to do it properly". This how-to of hers has been going on for years and years, still havn't gotten the hang of it !

smorginator said...

Yeah i hate hand dryers too. i generally just wipe my hands on my bum on my pants (lol at first i accidentally typed mum haha instead of bum) anyway, if i am wearing a skirt or a dress or something nice, it feels weird wiping my hands on it. But yes, everybody does use paper towel. this was a good post! haha.