I Heart Narnia

If you do babysitting, or are contemplating the thought, it's time I got you acquainted with a little friend of mine called Mr CS Lewis.

As a kid, I never really liked Narnia. It seemed so silly, you know, a world in the back of a cupboard. All though, to tell you the truth, I think there was a long forgotten sandwich at the back of my cupboard which was very likely to harbour alien creatures, perhaps even weird man horses.

I watched the movie when it came out, but I think I was a bit too obsessed with the main guy to even notice the plotline. And then the beavers started talking, and it all really went downhill from there.

However, a couple of weeks ago, while looking after a beautiful little boy who would not, under any circumstances, go to sleep, my love affair with Narnia began. I'd chucked it into my bag along with a few other old books I had as a kid, without ever really thinking I'd use. But, as he sat there crying and asking for 'just one more story' (one more story my arse), I found it and decided it was worth a shot. I spent an hour reading this book to him. I even missed Glee. He fell asleep within the first 5 minutes (which is where the real magic is), but I was captivated by this awesome book that we'd always had but I'd never bothered to read.  Mr Tumnus (coolest faun ever), the White Witch (she rocks my world), they are all so very awesome. And (lesson number one) if you read it in a monotone, no kid can resist sleeping.

I went back and watched the movie, but this time I saw it in a different light. It's a beautiful movie, and the set is absolutely breathtaking. It really stays true to the book, and why wouldn't you with such a fantastic story?

It is the most wonderfully magical book and I am ordering you, right now, to go out to that old bookcase, find it and read it. What are you still sitting here reading this for?


xx Miss Moi

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 jumbles of words:

Chrissie said...

The old version of the movie "the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe" used to give me nightmares when I was little. The witch scared me so very much.

I am definately with you in loving Narnia though =]

Because of course it no longer scares me. *shifty eyes*

Bec said...

I remember watching the movie when it came out, and my brother was like 'Go read the book.'

And I did.

And I may or may not have used it for a year 8 assignment at school :)

Fun movie, and LOL at being obssessed with the main guy, haha.